Hands-On Labs (HOL) products may be sold to a purchaser who can state and agree to the following:
This agreement applies to every Purchaser of HOL equipment, products, and/or materials(s) (“Goods”). Any unidentified term shall take the meaning described in the Purchase Agreement. By using Goods, the Purchaser agrees to the following:
- The Purchaser is over 18 years old and/or legally capable of entering into a contract.
- Purchaser is to be the sole owner of the product once a sale has been completed. A sale shall be considered complete once Purchaser pays for such item and Purchaser 1) uses Goods or 2) keeps Goods beyond three weeks from time of purchase, whichever occurs first.
- As owner of Goods, the Purchaser shall release HOL from all liability, including but not limited to, indemnification and contribution claims, related to the misuse of Goods by Purchaser or others in possession of Goods made by Purchaser.
- Only a Purchaser or Authorized User will use Goods.
- It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to ensure all safety measures and product instructions are followed by Authorized User using Goods once acquired by Purchaser.
- Regardless of the Authorized User, the Purchaser agrees Goods will be used solely for educational purposes in conjunction with a formal course of science study.
- The Purchaser understands that Goods may contain potentially harmful items and/or chemicals that could cause injury or death if misused, that such Goods should be used only as directed, and that Goods should be kept away from children and pets.
- The Purchaser understands and agrees that it is Purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that:
- Prior to and during each use of Goods, Authorized User fully understands and complies
with all instructions contained in each kit and available at www.holscience.com;
- Each Authorized User reads and fully complies with all the safety precautions noted in the accompanying lab manual before any experimentation is conducted; and
- All safety precautions are adequately implemented during experimentation as instructed and that experiments are performed exactly as directed in the procedure.
- Purchaser will not use Goods in violation of any county, state, or federal law.
- Purchaser authorizes HOL to contact Purchaser or Authorized User for research purposes.
- If an order requests international shipment and HOL agrees to such shipment, Purchaser accepts responsibility for ensuring all customs import documentation and licenses have been obtained before placing the order and know that such order may be subject to import duties. See International Shipping Terms.
THE PURCHASER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT AND BY ANY AND ALL POLICIES AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. IF PURCHASER DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PURCHASER MUST NOT USE GOODS.
I understand and fully accept that HOL products are warranted only to contain their stated list of equipment and supplies, that all items contained in the stated list are present and in good usable condition upon receipt, that shipping charges are non-refundable, and that any missing or damaged items will be replaced at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
Disclaimer: Before use of any Hands-On Labs, Inc. product, user(s) must have read, agreed and adhere to the terms and conditions set forth in the Purchase Agreement and User Agreement available at www.holscience.com. User(s) agree to use Hands-On Labs product(s) for educational purposes only and accept full and complete responsibility for all and any liability related to such use. It is the responsibility of the user(s) to understand the terms and conditions of the product. Hands-On Labs will not be responsible for the misuse of its products.
Science Interactive Group protects the privacy of our Licensees’ student education records in conformance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act ("FERPA"), where FERPA is applicable.
Science Interactive Group complies with all applicable provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99). We receive Student Data from institutions as a “school official” under FERPA and only process Student Data for educational purposes. In the event we receive a subpoena or judicial order for the disclosure of education records, we will notify the associated institution(s) prior to fulfilling the request in accordance with §99.31(a)(9).
For additional information on FERPA, please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s Privacy Technical Assistance Center.