What is GOB Chemistry?
This course is designed for non-chemistry majors, particularly students majoring in health sciences, to meet the requirements for pre-nursing and other allied health professions.
GOB Chemistry combines the fundamentals of general, organic and biochemistry in more than 30 interactive experiments that students can conduct in their own home. The standard course curriculum includes lessons on:
- Atoms, molecules, ions, molecular interactions, and chemical reactions
The chemistry of compounds containing carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen chemical structures
- The properties, nomenclature, reactivity, and synthesis of simple organic molecules
- Macromolecules, their three-dimensional structure, and roles in biochemical transformations
Our GOB curriculum is structured as a one-semester survey course, or it can be taught over two semesters. Instructors can also customize the pre-built curriculum and accompanying LabPaqTM lab kit with alternative experiments to meet their specific needs.
• Caloric Content of Food
• Separation of a Mixture of Solids
• Stoichiometry of a Precipitation Reaction
• Chromatography of Food Dyes
• Math and Graphing Prep
• Melting Point
• Reaction Order and Rate Laws
• Calculating Carbohydrate Content