The team at Hands-On Labs works closely with university bookstores to provide students the flexibility to purchase their kit on campus.
Review the information below about our bookstore account and return policies. If you don't find the information you're looking for, just fill out the form below and our customer service team will reach out to help clarify your questions and concerns.
- All orders placed with a Purchase Order (PO) must include a physical copy of the PO, including a Class Start Date. The PO can be emailed or faxed to Hands-On Labs. If there is incorrect information on the PO, or changes are made, a corrected copy will be required.
- Bookstores should obtain a webpage Login and Password to order kits for financial aid students. An order confirmation and tracking information will be sent via email. The student’s financial aid can then be charged for the entire price of the order including shipping.
- Our experiment kits contain chemicals and agars that have a limited shelf life. Be sure to rotate existing stock so that older kits are sold first. This will decrease the chance of having kits in stock that may be outside of the 45-day return policy.
- Standard processing on bulk orders is two weeks.
- Hands-On Labs’ shipping carrier is United Parcel Service (UPS), and our normal shipping method is prepaid UPS Ground. Deliveries can take 4-6 business days from the date of shipment.
BOOKSTORE RETURN POLICIES
Hands-On Labs (HOL) will accept returns from bookstores within one (1) year of the original invoice date under the following terms:
- All returns must include a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. The request for an RMA number must be made within one year of when the kit was shipped from the HOL warehouse.
- Returns received without RMA numbers will not be processed. Once an RMA number has been issued, an email will be sent with complete instructions on how to label boxes and prepare shipment.
- Bookstores may return 20% of the original invoice quantity within one year of the invoice date.
- All returned lab kits are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- The warranty seal (strapping) must be intact when received by HOL for credit to be processed. Kits with broken or tampered seals will not be accepted for return by HOL. Charges may be incurred for damaged items on returned product unless the damage occurs during transit.
- Shipping costs are the sole responsibility of the bookstore.
- Only credit memos will be issued for returned products. Ensure that credit has been applied to your account before using credit for future orders.
Please contact our client support team with any questions about setting up an account or placing orders: